More About Me
• I defended my PhD in Computing + Mathematical Sciences from Caltech, with Professor Yisong Yue. My other committee members include Anima Anandkumar Yue, Adam Wierman, and Hal Daume. My thesis focuses on systematic approaches to combine domain knowledge and learning methods to solve sequential decision making problems, which span reinforcement learning, imitation learning, optimal control.
• I interned at Disney Research (Pittsburgh) in summer 2016, resulting in a pending patent on human behavior modeling.
• My recent works have been applied to diverse set of domains including robotics, autonomous camera planning for broadcasting, modeling human decision making in team sports, navigation, Atari games, simulated car racing.
• Watch my talk at ICML 2017 in Sydney, Australia on learning from demonstrations from multiple agents.
• Watch my talk at SSAC 2017 in Boston, MA on applying machine learning to model a soccer team from real-life professional data (what we called "ghosting").
• I did my Master thesis in Cognitive Science at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona.
• I received a bachelor in Mathematics from Bucknell University in Pennsylvania.
• I grew up and finished highschool in Hanoi, Vietnam .
• I play soccer, run and row.